/ mardi, février 22, 2005
recently, i've had this problem of trying to recall what I'm supposed to do at a certain time or place, when i'm already standing at the spot or has reached the moment when the thing is supposed to be done. i dunno whether anybody understands what I'm saying but I'm sure this happens to many other people as well. for eg, i will plan to switch on the computer to do a whole list of things I'm supposed to do. the whole day before that moment came, I'll remember what I'm supposed to do. But the moment when i'm connected to the internet, I'm stuck. my mind will just go blank instantly. i forget which website I'm supposed to visit and what i wanted to do. and it makes me feel irritated. it happens to me very often. maybe i just have too many things to do, or maybe I'm just plain forgetful... argh...
anyway, i was supposed to write about this particular movie i watched on TV1 on sunday night, but it turned out that I totally forgot abt it...cos i only wrote abt my trip to NUS yesterday and nothing else. btw, when i was writing abt that stupid trip to return my library books, i felt that there was sumthin else i wanted to write abt. but it just didnt come to mind so i ended off with my wish of owning a helicopter one day. anyway, now that I've recalled what i wanted to write about last night, I better write abt it now before it slips off my mind again. wanted to say that the Thai movie entitled
"The Trek" sure kept me awake until abt 3am on sunday[that means monday morning]. I was just channel-surfing till i saw this movie on TV1 about a group of friends camping in some jungle, probably in Thailand. at first, it wasn't interesting cos they were just boiling water and literally burning chickens for lunch. The interesting part came when one of the girls in the group was attacked by a tarantula. It looked damn real lar, so i stopped channel-surfing. The tarantula was stuck on the girl's face and managed to "drill" 2 large holes on her forehead before one of the guys in the group grabbed it with his shirt, threw it on the ground and squashed it. By then, the girl's mouth was filled with the venom from the tarantula and she kept vomitting. After that, it just went downhill for the group as they faced more obstacles that would leave them with only 3 members out of a group of 7...
After that attack by the tarantula, one of the guys in the group, Chote[if i remember correctly], decided to desert the rest cos he didnt want to die in that "monster-infested" jungle. monsters in this case refer to those dangerous creatures that breed in the jungle. anyway, Chote asked whether anyone wanted to follow him. Well, only one other guy[i forgot the name] followed him. the rest stayed in their makeshift "home" made of leaves, branches, twigs and stuff like that. So, Chote and the other guy left and began finding their way out of this one dense jungle. Their journey was of course fraught with obstacles. Chote lost his fren to some weird creatures I dunno when that fren of his fell into a pit full of those weird man-eating creatures. They were trying to run away from some people who traded in arms or sumthing. Anyway, those creatures are to me piranhas living on land cos the speed at which they chewed and swallowed that guy's body was just formidable. hmm formidable makes it sound as if i was watching in awe. i was scared actually. anyway, after that incident, Chote had to find his way out alone.
The very night that Chote's friend left him, he was visited by an anaconda. [I found out just now that this movie is sorta inspired by Anaconda] Actually, it's kinda stupid for him to rest on the branch of a tree cos it's so easy to fall prey to that creature. but oh well, i found out eventually that where you were didnt matter, cos the anaconda could locate the group of adventurers wherever they were. k so Chute managed to survive after fighting that monster by striking it with a branch already lit with fire. He then continued his journey, only to be reunited with his counterparts at the original campsite. dunno whether he's stupid or the jungle was too thick...
Now that they haf lost a member, i dunno why they still left Air [the one attacked by the tarantula] alone. they would leave her at the campsite while they looked for food or went to the river bank to drink. btw, Air was still very ill so she couldnt walk around. On the same day that they were reunited, Air was lost to the anaconda. It was sad cos Air barely had energy to even scream...
The next day, they lost their dog. They brought one of the girls' dog along on that trip. I think this part would not haf happen if only the dog had been less adventurous. Cos after fishing that day, the group of adventure-seekers had walked off and thought that the little dog was following them. But it was still at the edge of the water and in one split second, it was devoured by the anaconda. For everyone's info[i admit i only learned this today], anacondas are semi-aquatic snakes. and they sure glide damn fast on water.
After losing their dog, they lost another member. I dunno why this guy still stayed in the water for so long after his mates had walked off, when he knew that the creature was always around. His mates had firearms with them but none of the shots fired by them could kill the creature.
So by then, they were only 4 members left. They finally decided that they could not stay still and wait for help cos help would never arrive. They built a raft and embarked on their journey, hoping to reach some village where they could seek help from the villagers. After a long while, probably a few hours, they hit this rock that jutted out of the river, and their raft couldnt move. Of course, there wouldn't be a moment of peace after that cos the anaconda was just waiting for the right moment to pounce on the 4 remaining members. fighting the creature with modern weapons proved useless as this creature had a strategy of his own. Even when everyone was staring 24/7 into the water, the anaconda would seize the right moment and these people couldnt do much abt it. The anaconda managed to devour another guy even after having numerous shots fired at it. they finally got it right after maybe 20 shots or so. So the anaconda finally lost the battle. and the 3 remaining members of the group finally reached some village alive. they drifted there btw, cos they probably didnt haf much energy left to man their raft. they were only holding onto a tree trunk that drifted to that particular village. Then came the moment of truth. call it a twist or whatever, but I was sure irritated, and felt a bit cheated, when i saw the villagers on the other side of the river feeding the remaining anacondas[turned out that the river was infested with anacondas k] with this whitish powder that looked like chalk. it's probably ash, or sum weird chemical compound that can make anacondas full. i mean, that adventure group went all out fighting the anaconda with whatever they had, and there the villagers were, feeding those monsters. I felt disturbed for a while, and only went to sleep at abt 3am when the movie ended at abt 2.30am.
hmm this is one long entry. but i sure feel the satisfaction of having remembered that I'm supposed to devote an entry to this movie and yes, I actually finished writing abt it without many details being left out. hope u had fun reading....
I painted my dreams at
3:57 AM