/ vendredi, mars 04, 2005
hey everyone, i haven updated in a long time yea. feels good to be able to be able to post something on this blog. cos it means I have some time to myself. Although my blog gets read by other people[so it's not exactly private here], nvm. it's good enough that I can actually write sumthing about how my life has been n stuff. My last entry was on 27 February. about a week ago...since that day I haven really been able to spend time with myself. Anyway, this past week has been quite exciting because many people I know either got back their O or A level results. my tuition student passed her maths and I am happy. she's ok with it too, and she's trying to make the decision between JC and poly. When she just started tuition with me, she failed her maths badly, so I'm quite thankful she was able to make some improvement. I refrain from setting too high expectations for all my tuition students cos I have to keep in mind how they perform without and with tuition. Last November, when one of my tuition kids passed her PSLE english, she was like so happy, because previously, she never even passed her English before. To many of us who scored As and A*s for our PSLE, we might not exactly think much of such achievements. But having taught a few people, I realise we cannot use the same yardstick to measure everybody. So, whatever they get, the important thing is to be happy with it, and to be able to go to the school you want to go to or do the course you want to do. Ok, thats about it for the O and A level results. on to
my own life...
haven exactly been living it the way i want...in the past week that is, haha...extremely busy with projects and meetings and what not. the various datelines are all nearing...boohoo...and always have french tests springing up from nowhere. this past week alone, i had 2 french tests, one oral and one written. i didnt exactly prepare for the written one, cos i oso dunno how to prepare. [
btw, it's super windy here in woodlands] well, its a grammar test plus listening compre so i oso dunno what to learn. maybe cos the grammar part is already so emphasised in class that i dunno how else to revise but just read and flip the pages. i mean if it's vocab we'll haf to memorise it, but its grammar so what could we do? aiya anyway its over and it wasnt that bad...perhaps will haf mistakes here n there...n the essay-dialogue thingy...it depends on whether my dialogue employed a good variety of expressions i guess. moving on to projects, well, all seem to be ok although we haven actually got down to writing our essays...it's my euro term paper thats worrying me.
firstly, cos it's a political science module.
secondly, the dateline is 14 march, which means i only haf one week left to do it.
thirdly, it's individual so there's no one to push me to get on with it.
fourth and maybe not lastly, i know nuts about the european union. of cos i know more than i did if u were to compare me 8 weeks ago with me now, but still...the hot debates and things like that, I have no strong feelings about finding more about them. not a "full-blown" euro major yet i guess...i need more time. week 9 got euro test, short essay type...
so u put all the datelines and tests together, you get a drained me. and i forgot to put in IFG badminton. the semester just gets busier and busier...
I painted my dreams at
7:11 PM