My profile
Rozana Mohamed | 22 | nothing to do dreamer | bummer | part-time tutor ManUtd fan | has some close friends | workin' out a plan

Quotable quotes I see

"Losing one's own confidence causes a person to fall into confusion, which is hell...To maintain one's confidence, the most important thing is stamina."

- excerpt from The Devil (Mawang), 2007 Kdrama

Songs



Wishline

We'll see...

Say what you want




Links

  • trina
  • jazzymin
  • zihui
  • joan
  • my other lil nest


  • Archives

    Credits

    Skin edited by
  • Jiemin
  • .

    All the pics collected from
  • DeviantArt
  • .

    Edited by
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • .

    / mercredi, avril 13, 2005


    A Note to the Elders of Football...

    I am writing this just for fun, just to pen down my thoughts...not that I think anything will change as a result of this little note. Well, I happened to watch the Chelsea vs Bayern Munich game this morning and I realise sumthing. That old players can hardly perform. No matter where they are or were in the international rankings, when you grow old, u just cant perform. Take Oliver Kahn as an example. He's almost 40 and seriously, I don't see why he should still be guarding the bayern goalmouth. The goals he let in, I think he could haf done more to save those shots from going in if he were 5 years younger. I don't think the shots were particularly thunderous or anything like dat. In fact, i think Bayern's goals were nicer...haha and my last brother agrees with me on this. Anyway, back to the subject of age in football, i really think the old players should just do sumthing else, or at least make way for younger players to gain that experience so that one day, they will be as good as the elders. Oliver Kahn is not the only one who needs to leave. I mentioned him first becos I watched the match last night and looking at his performances in the quarter-final matches alone, I can see that he has aged. a lot. 2 other individuals who need to give way to their younger counterparts are of cos Alex Ferguson and Roy Keane. I mention them because they happen to be big names in the club I support. So as a supporter of this club, I would want my club to be doing well and not let the title slip again and again because some people are aging. Well, fergie is just growing too old for this business. This season seem to be the worst ever that I've witnessed since I first became an avid supporter of man utd back in sec 1. well, one can say the context has changed with the new arrangement of players and what not, but hello, why is the manager still around? surely after losing the title in 2002 and not getting into the coveted Champions League finals since dunno when[they seem to be doing badly everytime so I didnt keep track], fergie should do some self-reflection and think about how this job can be passed on to others in the arena. Even Real Madrid has changed their manager since they last won the Champions League title. and they haf changed twice in fact. whats with the autocratic figure man? first, jaap stam. then andy cole and dwight yorke. then beckham. then butt...yes, i don't mind that fresh faces are brought onto the pitch. but what happened to the old roy keane? doesn't he need to go as well? I really hope he goes into coaching soon and not command the team anymore. I still remember that own goal he let in during the crucial match with Real Madrid in the Champs league 2 seasons ago. pure crap. Hence, after all these, I propose that old players should give way and try coaching instead, while old coaches and managers should retire and enjoy having holidays all year round. As you are getting too old for this business, you should get some rest after all that you have done for the club. And, the next time you announce that you are giving up the job, please do not go back on your word and still stay with the club thinking this is a playground. With this, I end my note...



    I painted my dreams at 5:30 AM