the new tuition kidwell, if u'r one who visits my blog faithfully, I'm sorry I'd run out of ideas in the past week. nothing worth blogging at all. even if there was anything worth mentioning, I was too lazy to type. actually, my mind is constantly blogging. I think about issues almost 24/7 but I'm just too lazy to record it down. if only there was sumthing like the phonograph[suddenly reminds me of Dracula, and ELang, and phonetics...] which can record my thoughts without me typing or writing anything. But the phonograph only detects sounds. So, recording one's thoughts[when that person doesn't speak a word] is something quite difficult to achieve. Dunno whether sumthing like that has been invented yet in the world of science.
Back to the topic of the day.
After a few weeks tutoring the new kid, I gathered that it's much easier tutoring girls. I dunno whether every pri 2 boy behaves exactly like my student but it looks that way lor. I have 3 brothers and out of the 3, 2 don't like to do homework. Ok lar nobody likes to do homework, but if it's for one's own good, I think must suffer a bit lor. And in the primary school era, you can actually reach reasonable standards just by doing the homework given I think. smart alecs will score damn well of cos, but hardworking people can do reasonably well too. if you practise often enough, there's no way you can't at least achieve a 70% for each subject. It makes the whole process easier when primary school is pretty much about rote learning. and for pri sch maths, the sums are all about the same lor. just play around with numbers but the method is pretty much the same. I also didn't like to do homework in primary school lar, but at least must try rite?
Anyway, my student just can't sit still. And he whines!!! a boy whining lor...and he never checks his work. I feel that he actually knows some of the answers, cos when we go thru the answers together, he could give me the correct answer lor. If only he could be a little bit less careless...
And, of late, Malay kids have been brought up with too much english that they forget how to speak proper Malay lor. That's crap. I can't say my Malay is damn fantastic lar but at least I speak Malay at home. English is important, but isn't your own mother tongue important too? This new kid of mine spells his Malay words the English way, which is way different from Malay spelling. And I thought Malay spelling was easier cos we just had to follow the sounds.
Apart from problems faced with his schwork, this boy likes to shoot staples randomly. books, papers, erasers, the wall and whatever lar. he just wastes so many staples lor. and he can't sit properly on his chair at all...keep fidgeting! So girls are definitely easier to tutor. At least they do most of their homework. and they don't whine! boys at this age are definitely more vocal man. Next time I take up a tuition assignment, please give me a girl. Having 3 brothers at home is enough. Living with 3 adolescent males for about 16 years is more than enough. So, next time, please, please, pretty please, give me a girl...
I painted my dreams at
10:27 PM