24 things you don't really need to know about me
I've seen variations of this in many blogs and I just saw it in Joan's blog. Well, I had wanted to post something more constructive and reflective but I just finished cooking spaghetti and I need to look after my sister (parents are in JB) so I'm kinda tired. Can't really think coherently enough to write a relective post. But, I guess this lil exercise is just as reflective, so here I go:
1. I am the eldest child in the family.
2. I was the only daughter till my little sister came along in 2001.
3. I actually had straight and thick hair for a good part of my childhood. But in primary 2, my mum had it permed and it has stayed so ever since. And my hair has been thinning too, boohoo.
4. I was admitted to the hospital in primary 3 or 4 because my first brother kicked me hard in the stomach. I stayed for around 4 days cos' they suspected I had appendicitis. My parents told me if it's real I might need to go for an operation. So, the next day I told the doctor the pain had gone away as I didn't want to be operated on. What a lie. The pain was still there but fortunately, everything was fine in a week. I hope I don't have that illness.
5. I pushed my brother (the same one who kicked me) into a drain outside our relative's house in Malacca. Not sure when but I was still in primary school lar. Anyway, he didn't end up in the hospital so yea, I didn't push him hard enough.
6. When I was 7, I was so excited to greet my great granduncle at his house in Seremban (Negeri Sembilan) that I walked right into the the exhaust pipe of his motorcycle which he just parked. Since then, there's been an ugly circular mark with a radius of 2cm just below my right knee.
What an exciting childhood I have right?
7. My PSLE score was the 2nd highest in my school.
8. I was disappointed I didn't get into RGS and since then I have always wondered how my life would have turned out had I got into RGS. However, no regrets. I love TKGS for how it has shaped me into a fine young woman, hehe.
9. Throughout my teenage life, I weighed the least in sec 2.
10. I clocked my personal best for the 2.4km run in sec 3.
11. I have not had a boyfriend before.
12. I almost drowned at a hotel swimming pool while on holiday in Perlis. I came out vomitting out everything I ate for lunch.
13. I love cooking, but I don't like cleaning up.
14. I owned my first handphone only in sec 4.
15. I didn't expect that I would be team captain for the 'B' Division, even though I was vice-captain in sec 2(those who held posts in lower sec usually ended up also holding posts in upper sec). I thought they'd change the 'policy' cos I was a damn lousy player and captains were usually one of the key players.
16. Getting a place in NUS was a quite a miracle for me cos I didn't hear anything till late May or early June. And I know my A level results weren't that good.
17. I once had a huge crush on my uncle (son of my paternal grandma's last brother) cos he just looked so dashing with the baju kurung & the songkok every time he came over to our house for majlis ilmu. And he's not very much older than me actually, around 6 years only I believe. But I came to learn that we can't marry our own uncles, so the feelings just died out eventually.
18. I hate wearing make-up cos there'll always be pimples popping out the next day. I am trying not to hate it so much now cos I know next time I can't just go to work looking pale and having that I-just-got-out-of-bed look.
19. I have not worn mascara and eye-liner before.
20. I like writing essays ever since I entered university.
21. The 2 nintendo games I played most were Street Fighter and Super Mario.
22. I entered a poetry recital competition before in primary school only to give up due to stage fright. I was already on stage but I decided I couldn't do it and cried.
23. I entered a pidato(wat issit in english?) competition in primary 6 without any glitch. I didn't win any of the top prizes but I was happy enough to be able to speak without fear to the whole theatre in RI.
24. I always cry, no matter how strong and cheerful I may appear on the outside.
I painted my dreams at
11:11 PM