/ mardi, mai 09, 2006
...unlike in Switzerland(my dream honeymoon spot!), where hot air balloons are abundant and come in various colours, shapes and sizes. But it must be super ex as well so I don't see myself flying up there anywhere anytime soon.After balloon-watching, we went straight to East Coast Food Centre, also familiarly called lagoon food centre by us. In the pic there's no food cos obviously the food had not arrived, but we had many many sticks of satay and had coconut juice. Also shared beef steak(indian style) with my 1st bro but it wasn't worth it lar. 5 bucks for that plate of beef steak. Btw, I had suggested going to West Coast(instead of east) to eat cos the indian beef steak stall was featured in one of the suria food variety shows, and that one had a bit of gravy which made it look extremely appetizing. But except for my 1st bro, everyone was for going to east coast. Luckily the satay was juicy and tender. Well, I shall get my way next time man.
As I said earlier, I find that I look pale sometimes. This is one good example I think. Of course it has something to do with the surroundings being dark(was at the breakwater at the beach at 11.30pm) and yes my brother being darker than me. But crap lar I look white in there. I must hit the track as soon as the tuition craze period(there's tuition everyday!) is over to get a healthier tone and of cos to lose some weight.
Anyway, Saturday was really well-spent I guess although I was dead beat when I reached home around 1am, just in time to hear the news of who won at Sembawang GRC. Stayed up for a while to watch the updates on the election on CNA before I went to bed at ard 1.30am.
Sunday was tuition day again. Boring...but I was happy to stay home and rest after tuition.
These were taken on Monday, and it was also shopping day for the girls in the house. My mum and sister were looking for new baju kurung to wear to my cousin's wedding on 27th May. I don't need to look further than the wardrobe cos my costumes are mostly 'new'. Don't wear traditional costumes unless it's hari raya and even during hari raya, I go jalan2 on 2 or 3 days out of the whole month of Syawal. So no need to shop for those to wear to weddings. Instead, I bought 3 tops to wear to school or to meetings with friends. I was also searching for a new and comfy pair of sandals, but they(Charles & Keith) ran out of my size for the pair that I wanted. Turned to another pair in the same store but still no size. Are all our feet growing bigger or what? I thought my feet were gigantic. Went to the Causeway Point outlet, they don't even have that design.
Oh yea btw, although I want to buy a lot of things, I am not really cut out for shopping. Get tired easily during shopping trips so we made a lot of stops wherever we went. So when we stopped for quite a while, I took photos. The staircase fountain was the one at S'pore Post, took the pic while my mum and sis were away for a toilet break. The one on the right is my beloved sis on the fake kereta lembu at Malay Village, when we decided to take a break cos our fee almost gave way when my mum and sis found nothing they like at Tanjong Katong Complex. In the end, they did find what they wanted at Joo Chiat Complex, but by then I was like 3/4 dead or sth.
That is why I don't really like shopping, hurhur. However, I am thinking of shopping in JB soon with my mum once I get my tuition pay, and I think I need Jasmine's expertise to give me some shopping tips. Cos besides food and groceries, I have never really shopped for anything there. So wanna know about how things like bags, shoes and cosmetics in general compare to those we find in S'pore. So, girl, in our next meeting, you'll advise me on this yea? Anyone who regularly hits the shopping malls in JB, the nearest one being City Square, can advise me too.
Ok, that's all for today folks. Think this entry is long enough to cover all that happened during my absence from this virtual world. Au revoir!
I painted my dreams at
6:23 AM