/ mercredi, avril 12, 2006
Untitled

I am bored today, not becos I have nothing to do but becos I have too much to do. Just glad the oral test is over. Well, it turned out better than I had expected. It was rather natural I'd say. Although oral by itself can't really save my french grade, I really pray for that bit of luck I need to get a decent grade for french. Still needa do french 4 next sem to fulfill EU requirements so if I do badly this sem for french 3, it'll be very demoralising. Ok that has nothing to do with the pic on the left, hurhur. I do weird things when I'm bored. Like taking random photos and playing ard with them after uploading them. Also download like several movies all at one go even when I know I don't have time to watch them yet.

Talking about movies, I watched this in sch for the empires module. It was mostly in french and arabic and I was very happy to have understood bits and pieces of the dialogues without looking at the subtitles. Like simple french and prayers recited by the Algerian muslims which were in arabic. Well, it was a very serious film, very brutal. Maybe it's hard to believe but I cried at some points. Like when this infant's body was carried out from the rubble resulting from a blast. Anyway the movie was about Algeria's war for independence from France. It's not a film that you would wanna watch just for fun. To me it's really heart-wrenching. If there was only one thing I could learn from the movie, it'd be that war is indeed horrible! nothing glorious abt it...To think the world has been warring for the most part of our lifetime. C'est triste...

This is one documentary I've been wanting to watch since last sem when the lecturer showed a part of it for mass media and culture. It's about war again, this time about the Iraq War. This one has a reporter who dies in a blast while reporting. But above all, it shows the myriad of views about the invasion of Iraq by the US. The most interesting fact was that there is one military guy from America who ends up working with Al-Jazeera after spending quite a lot time engaging himself with the reporters from various news agencies in the media centre in Qatar. Now got no time to go library and watch, so perhaps next sem. Like in the first couple of weeks when there are no tuts.

This is another french/arabic film. Wanted to d/l it but don't have. They gave me like Winnie the Pooh in french. Oh well, wanna watch this cos it's abt family ties. Something very close to our hearts I believe. About this guy who drives his father all the way to Mecca and realises there are still many things he has to learn about his father. And my lecturer Sylvie said it's gd, so I guess it can't be that bad at all. Should have catched it at Alliance Française when they screened it during the French Film Festival. Just that it's a bit far from home. If I'm lucky, Arts Central might screen it, although I don't see it happening anytime soon. They screened 8 femmes and Goodbye Lenin so hmm maybe in a couple of yrs' time, they'll screen le grand voyage.

Ok I dunno where else to put this but here. My sister is much better at posing in front of the camera, don't you think? It's cool lar but when I tell her to smile, she does something else, so it's kinda irritating. With that little plaster on her forehead,(think it's a fashion statement. Indeed she fell down but there was no cut, so what's the plaster for? must be for fun. Of cos she doesn't know the meaning of 'fashion statement', but for her age, she's very much a trendy girl, I must say, hurhur.) and the crossed arms...haha she's singing some song she learned in school as I'm typing this. Oh well, she just amuses me all the time. Good break from school world. K I have nothing more to say but thank God for giving me a sister. =)
I painted my dreams at
5:15 AM