I am happy with the results.
And I'd like to think that last semester(sem 1) was an isolated case, although the 2 C+s I had in that semester will mar my academic record forever.
Actually, it's kinda unexpected, cos I feel that this semester had been a rough one. Last minute essays (barely any discipline on my part when it came to deadlines), unfinished (or worse, untouched) readings and little contribution to class discussions. I didn't really know how to contribute lar seriously because most of what I had thought of had been expressed by the others already.
It's also unexpected because I scored the best for the module which I was least confident about after the exam. Same as Trina. And btw girl, your results are the same as mine save for the difference in the grade for the module whose exam scared the most shit out of us.
Well, perhaps I should just go by the module and say why each grade was unexpected.
EU2221 EMPIRES, COLONIES AND IMPERIALISM
This was unexpected in a bad way actually cos I thought I could reach at least A-. Scored A+ and A for the 2 term essays, and the exam wasn't difficult so I thought it'd be fine. But maybe somehow I screwed up in the exam, and yes the role play could have killed me. I was partnered with Terrence the genius lar, he outshone me outright. And he has that British accent in him even outside the Lord Canning role, so yea lor perhaps that part of the CA dented my grade (along with unknown screw-ups in the exam).
LAF3201 FRENCH 3
Expected a worse grade, but had hoped for the best. I am practically deaf when it comes to listening compre and I screwed up many parts of the final test due to bad time management (and damn tiny font for the written compre passage), so it's a surprise I got B+. Being deaf to French is bad for real-life situations lar seriously. And shit I am not only deaf but almost blind too. Seriously, I found it hard to find the answers to the compre questions cos I'd be looking at the wrong paragraphs. I want primary school font for next french written compre please.
SC2101 METHODS OF SOCIAL RESEARCH
Didn't really like the module that much. Was complaining and cursing while I was in the midst of completing the term assignment cos I had so many stats to look at. Numbers just don't go well with me man. I went cross-eyed trying to calculate the standard deviation manually (it was part of the requirement of the assignment tho' MS Excel can do the job in seconds). The lectures were also quite boring. If it wasn't a course requirement, I wouldn't have done it. So yes, the module didn't repay me the hatred and I am happy, hehe.
SC3101 SOCIAL THOUGHT & SOCIAL THEORY
Fun module cos I like to study grand theories. Tutorials were not as fun but my tutor always made me think cos his words are just, well, thought-provoking. The course pack was 1-tonne heavy (of course I didn't finish reading everything) and I didn't watch any of the movies screened. Shit why did I do so little for this module?
Anyway, I also screwed up my term essay cos I hadn't chosen a marginal enough sociologist to discuss. They wanted sociologists who have done much for the discipline but who have not come to the forefront as much as others due to gender, the nature of issues discussed and what not. I used the element of controversy to explain my choice, but yes we know controversial doesnt equal to marginal. So because of that B- essay, I am surprised my final grade was B+.
SC3205 SOCIOLOGY OF POWER:WHO GETS TO RULE?
The most surprising of all the grades. Cos the lecturer is the damn particular kind. And wanted us to be critical at all times, which was a bit difficult for me cos I tend to take everything in and not think further, especially when the arguments presented to me are so salient that I become lazy to think of my own arguments.
Also, the essay had numerous scribbles in the margin, and the worse thing was that I couldn't make out most of the scribbles. So I couldn't use much of the comments to improve my essays in the final exam.
And most of all, the exam paper was just scary shit. Every question required things beyond the lecture notes and when I wrote my last word (I didn't even finish the sentence), I was like: shit shit shit. The scariest paper yet.
But by some stroke of magic, I got an A. And that A makes it to the list of wonders of my world.
I painted my dreams at
7:47 AM