My profile
Rozana Mohamed | 22 | nothing to do dreamer | bummer | part-time tutor ManUtd fan | has some close friends | workin' out a plan

Quotable quotes I see

"Losing one's own confidence causes a person to fall into confusion, which is hell...To maintain one's confidence, the most important thing is stamina."

- excerpt from The Devil (Mawang), 2007 Kdrama

Songs



Wishline

We'll see...

Say what you want




Links

  • trina
  • jazzymin
  • zihui
  • joan
  • my other lil nest


  • Archives

    Credits

    Skin edited by
  • Jiemin
  • .

    All the pics collected from
  • DeviantArt
  • .

    Edited by
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • .

    / lundi, avril 18, 2005


    ON STUDYING

    just wanted to write about this since I'm in the midst of revision and I need some form of relief from it. Doing revision is not fun at all. Anyway, back to the topic of studying. I must say that of all the great responsibilities of an individual, studying is probably the hardest responsibility to shoulder. Well, I should think that compared to raising a family and working, studying would probably be the better option, but for an individual who hasn't gotten down to the task of earning money for REAL and raising a family, studying is such a heavy responsibility. When we look at the average lifespan of a modern person, and take into account the number of years 'devoted' [put under inverted commas because the term suggests willingness on the part of the individual, while in actual fact, it may not be the case] to studying, it is just scary. 1/3 [the portion may vary depending on when you decide to liberate yourself from it, if you have the liberty to make your own decisions at all] of our lives are spent studying! A horrendously big fraction, don't you think?

    Anyway, I'm using the term 'studying' here because I see it as different from learning. We spend our whole life learning and I can't ignore the fact that learning is one process which is interesting indeed. On the other hand, studying seems to suggest something clinical and business-like, as though emotions are not involved. Hmm...perhaps that explains why kids and teenagers do not like studying. Do not count the nerds because they are from another planet. Just look at people like you and me. Can we say we really love studying? I like to be learning something and I love to be in the learning process, but studying?

    nah...Studying seems boring, so I just dunno why we should spend so many years doing it.

    for economic purposes?

    sigh, wouldn't that make us the exploited in an exploitative capitalist system? We can't say we are being exploited by our parents, can we? I mean, they themselves were being conditioned by so many other things, one of which is the State's ideology. So who is to blame for the creation of this necessity called "studying"? bleargh...I feel like crap. Wanna get out of this whole thing soon. One of the reasons why I won't be staying for Honours.

    Ok enough of complaing. How's this as some form of distraction from your revision...btw, so as to get the fullest amount of satisfaction from taking this short break, refrain from looking towards the right of the picture. In other words, just look at the guy on the left. Ciaoz!



    I painted my dreams at 5:54 AM