/ vendredi, juillet 29, 2005
ok so almost everyone's already started school or waiting for school to start. that means this blog will almost be all about school and school-related stuff. and that means this blog will become more boring than it already is. But I don't give a damn cos afterall, it's my blog so I rule it. Actually, I'm in a very good mood. Been in a good mood for a while now. But the whole shit named CORS just has to spoil my mood lar. I know I'm not the only one complaining so whoever wanna join the club is welcome to do so.
First, they changed my French lecture numbers. Not once, but twice. That can mean a whole lot of difference to someone who is taking 6 modules this semester. It doesn't help that French has 2 lectures per week, so I couldn't just ignore the changes since the lecture times came in pairs. And I swear they changed the lecture numbers cos everytime I've done up my timetable, I'll save it, only for it to be "dismantled" the next few days. Because of French 2, I end up doing just one sociology module this semester. And it's not even one of my choice modules. Just by reading the module outline the lecturer has prepared on IVLE, I can tell I should expect hell for this module. He sounds very DUH and bastardish...
And then, when I thought that's the end, I realise I'm doing TWO econs modules this semester. EC1101E[bidding for it in round 3 cos it's my 6th module] and EU3214. EU3214 is cross-listed as ECxxxx. fill those x-es if u can be bothered. So I'm going all econsy this semester....just kerr-rrapp i tell u. EC1101E was definitely not my first choice 6th module cos I thought of doing NM1101E but couldnt cos of clashes. Btw the newly revamped ICM course [renamed Communications & New Media Programme] looks damn exciting lar. I was actually contemplating dropping EU as one of my shared majors and was thinking of majoring in NM instead. But I like learning French and am still abit interested in EU so I guess I'll just do a couple of NM modules to fill the UE slots. yep, so that's how my sem 1's gg to be this year.
Anyway, I planned for my 2nd sem too just so that I won't have a heart attack when sem 2 comes. Have to be careful about changes though. Just hope the changes won't be too drastic. Well, I thought sem 1 is bad enough with TWO 8am lessons. But, no, that's not the end. I'll have THREE 8am lessons in sem 2, all unavoidable cos 2 are lectures and the third, french tutorial. only 2 slots for french n the other one falls on my planned free day, so yes, 8am tutorial it will be. not on alternate weeks but every week since french tutorial is held every week for TWO WHOLE HOURS. As I look at my sem 2 modules, I realise I'll have a damn boring 2nd semester. Banging on French and my UE mod to liven up my 2nd sem.
In year 3, they better go n offer the modules I want. and at friendly times. I don't want my last year at NUS to be such a boring and depressing one....
I painted my dreams at
2:34 AM