/ mercredi, janvier 18, 2006
Historiography of the Girl
Part 1
Well, 'historiography' may seem too grand a word for this attempt to dig into my archives of journals, be it on paper or online[as in the blog], and display excerpts of my writings here. But I'm using the word anyway. Ok, so what triggered the idea of digging into my written archives, you may ask.
Well, my answer to that is my bumping into an old friend from TK a couple of days ago. Until then, I hadn't seen her or heard of her for almost 4 years already. Somehow, that incident kinda made me wanna have a relook at what has happened over the last 4 years. 4 years is a long time really, just that we've been too busy getting by that we don't realise alot can happen and can be done in 4 years. And the sec sch girl on the train whom I caught reading a journal, and she smiling back at the book was certainly a catalyst for this action of mine right now.
Oh well, I shall not get too serious about this topic, cos it's meant to be a light-hearted post. I kinda laughed at myself when I reread my old journals, just like that girl on the train. Ok so below u'll find excerpts of my written history[fyi they are extracted directly from my journals, meaning they are unabridged]:
Excerpt #1
"Me writing this when the whole world(actually juz my class) is having A Math...:P Shit lar! I hate Tuesdays ok! Move & move until dunno where ar! From klass to chem lab, then to field/hall, then to canteen, then to malay room, then back to class again! The timetable is too crazy!"
I obviously did not know it'd be worse in JC and uni. Going all around the premises of the now puny sec sch is nothing compared to having to take shuttle buses to get to your next lesson.
Anyway, before I continue let me say that the excerpts in this post come from a journal I shared with Trina. We had 2 and I kept half of that.
Excerpt #2
"Let's see whether Miss Tng willl come and watch the game. If she watch rite, then we can say that she's more than 50% biased towards Badminton. Juz recall, at one pt, last year or the yr b4, me tot that Badminton would be closed down becoz we dun achieve enuff. Now, luck is like on our side coz she's more biased towards our CCA. Let's hope it's really a blessing...a blessing tat will help us, maybe win Anglican High???"
Well, we did overcome Anglican High(3 times in the same season to be exact), and were even crowned National Champions for the first time in many years. Never did I expect that things would take a 180deg turn, that 'enemies' from AHS would become my teammates in JC, and well, the other half of the story, let's leave it as it is.
Excerpt #3
"According to Miss Koh's CME video, 'love' cannot die...onli 'feelings' can die...'feelings' in this context are of cos things like 'obsession' and 'crush'."
When I read this, I was intrigued. I'm actually trying to sort out what it actually means. Love and feelings, which causes which? Do feelings of being obsessed or infatuated with something actually lead to love over time? Or issit that love makes u obsessed with that thing that you're supposedly in love with? Oh man...
I painted my dreams at
6:54 AM