My profile
Rozana Mohamed | 22 | nothing to do dreamer | bummer | part-time tutor ManUtd fan | has some close friends | workin' out a plan

Quotable quotes I see

"Losing one's own confidence causes a person to fall into confusion, which is hell...To maintain one's confidence, the most important thing is stamina."

- excerpt from The Devil (Mawang), 2007 Kdrama

Songs



Wishline

We'll see...

Say what you want




Links

  • trina
  • jazzymin
  • zihui
  • joan
  • my other lil nest


  • Archives

    Credits

    Skin edited by
  • Jiemin
  • .

    All the pics collected from
  • DeviantArt
  • .

    Edited by
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • .

    / dimanche, janvier 01, 2006


    I have no idea what name I should give to this post, but let's just say it's a post about 2005 as a whole, and maybe a bit of 2006. Well, I'm not sure why I'm not feeling exactly excited about the new year. Not that I've spent previous years feeling excited about new years but well, it just came to me that 1 January is just another day. I think I'm getting tired of a lot of stuff. It's a pity I'm feeling like this when I'm like not even 21(although that day is coming for me soon), don't even have big responsibilities like being a working adult, having my own house, having my own family and children and what not...Argh, I'm not sure whether this is some new yr blues thingy or what but I just feel bored lar. Was 2005 a good year for me? I'm not sure at all. Some good things happened here and there but there are always things that happen in life that try to overshadow our happiness. Not my happiness alone. Not even just my family. But I guess it happens to a lot of people. Hmm ok I think this post will be quite a mess if I don't start organising my thoughts. Speaking of which...

    I think I thought too much in 2005. Not sure whether it's a case of too much thinking and too little action, but I feel that I've been thinking about so many things that I've lost track of what are the real issues at hand and what are just nonsensical thoughts that come to my mind in random fashion. The fasting month and Hari Raya really helped me reflect on a lot of stuff and I'm thankful that I could sit down and try to think over what has happened over the past year. I realise that whatever I am, I am much more fortunate than many people. Some lost their parents, some lost money and some even lost themselves for a short while. I never wrote about all these coz I didn't really see a need for it. But even when I stop blogging occasionally, the world keeps revolving and things happen. I just hope that relatives and friends facing challenges in their lives right now will stay strong and keep going. Anyway, I think the Hari Raya telemovies helped in my attempt to reflect on things that happened in 2005.

    Ok enough about that. In the academic arena, 2005 didn't end on a good note, as many people can see from one of my posts earlier. But even then, I'd say things aren't that bad and I still have 3 semesters to prove myself. But still means it's a long way before graduation. Haha I think I've said this to some friends, that I'm tired of studying. I just have to keep waiting lar I guess.

    Socially, I think the hundreds of photos taken and displayed throughout 2005 point to something good. That while I'm drowned in my readings and assignments and other personal commitments, I still have time to sit down and chat with good friends. Although photos have a decontextualising effect, it's good enough that we can all be happy together for a full day before going back to our boring academic lives. Ok, that's about friends. But when it comes to relatives, I think I still have a lot of work to do in trying to bond with relatives from my father's side. Issit common that cousins from the mothers' side are closer to one another? Dunno lar but I seem to be quieter at family gatherings when it comes to my dad's side. And I like only talk to those who are friendly. I guess it's just my introverted nature lar but I'll try and work at it.

    Well, that's about what I have to say about 2005. Many things await us in 2006. Like the World Cup in Germany, hurhur. Like the long holiday after sem 2, woohoo(always thinking ahead yea). Like our 21st birthdays, boohoo. So let's just hope 2006 will turn out well and keep the faith!



    I painted my dreams at 10:54 PM