My profile
Rozana Mohamed | 22 | nothing to do dreamer | bummer | part-time tutor ManUtd fan | has some close friends | workin' out a plan

Quotable quotes I see

"Losing one's own confidence causes a person to fall into confusion, which is hell...To maintain one's confidence, the most important thing is stamina."

- excerpt from The Devil (Mawang), 2007 Kdrama

Songs



Wishline

We'll see...

Say what you want




Links

  • trina
  • jazzymin
  • zihui
  • joan
  • my other lil nest


  • Archives

    Credits

    Skin edited by
  • Jiemin
  • .

    All the pics collected from
  • DeviantArt
  • .

    Edited by
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • .

    / lundi, juillet 04, 2005


    a series of unfortunate events

    i'm so glad my cousin's wedding ceremony, or rather ceremonies since celebrations started from friday, is now over and done with. It's been a long week and I dun think I can document everything here, especially when I still feel tired even after a day of rest. Anyway, preparations started way before last week of cos, but the relatives started to get really involved only last week.

    On thursday, I followed my cousin and the 3 sisters[my mum & 2 aunts] all the way to Upper Thomson to buy fresh flowers for the decor and to make her presents to the groom's side look pretty. Frankly, that was my first time at a nursery shopping for flowers. so many types of flowers and haha my cousin went over her planned budget. she bought at least 7 bunches of flowers, with at least 12 flowers in each bunch. hadn't seen that many flowers till that day. Well, one thing I'll remember from that trip is that how I almost froze myself to death helping my cousin choose the prettiest and freshest bunch of roses. all the fresh flowers had to be stored at a very low temperature so that as to retain their freshness[like of cos fresh flowers need to stay fresh rite?] Anyway, at first I felt ok since I was wearing long sleeves n had my tudung on. But after like about 20mins, I couldn't stand it anymore man. I kept blowing into my palms while trying to see which color and which flowers were the nicest. My first time seeing so many flowers all at the same time.

    Besides helping my cousin shop for fleurs, I also helped her wrap and beautify her presents to the groom with ribbons and fleurs. Again, my first time doing flower arrangement and wrapping of wedding prezzies. My cousin had bought and learned flower arrangement techniques from books but in the end she could only doll up 2 prezzies and left the rest to me cos the mak andam had already come to doll her up. How exciting. I, who had zero knowledge & experience in flower arrangement was left to do all the work. Haha I experimented with the flowers and leaves and ribbons and sumhow the prezzies turned out ok. prolly beginner's luck.

    The rest of the time from thursday to sunday was spent rewang-ing, except saturday when we spent the evening at The Chevrons, where the groom's dinner was held. I lost count of what I ate actually but it was prolly a 9-course dinner. food was ok only, not that fantastique. there was one mystery dish. My aunt and I claimed it was fish while my uncle and another cousin said it was chicken. Like how weird. Chicken and fish actually taste the same. maybe the music was too loud[our table, one of the so-called VIP tables since we represent the bride's side, was right in front of the speaker!] and when one of ur senses is affected, the other senses, in this case the sense of taste, would also be disturbed.

    haha...talking about senses, my sense of hearing was once again disturbed by the crappy music. choice of songs was bad. How can u play Craig David's Walking Away at a wedding dinner??? just so wrong. The only thing that saved the night, apart from my cousin's captivating wedding costumes, was the berkat, sth like door gift. heart-shaped chocolates filled with creamy hazelnut choc from Chocz. altho there were only 2 in each box, my 2 cousins and I ate my uncle's and aunt's shares too, so haha that made our night.

    I guess that should be all for the moment. We took lotsa photos but me haven got the photos from my cousin aidah so can't post photos just as yet. Hopefully she'll upload it in the next few days and yes, I'll be able to post them here. till then, a bientot!


    p.s. I realise the dinner experience didn't exactly fit into my title so perhaps, you could concentrate on my cousin's wedding costumes and the chocs for the dinner part. ;D



    I painted my dreams at 3:28 AM