/ dimanche, juillet 30, 2006
It seemed like I'd lost the blogging touch, didn't it? But I'm back, not with a bang, but at least I'm back.
Actually, a lot of things are 'blogworthy' but most of the time, I'm either tired or lazy. Moreover, not all things need to be blogged about to be remembered. When meaningful things happen, they are naturally etched in our memory without the aid of the facilitator termed the weblog.
Actually (again), I've been thinking a lot about what and which things to post on the blog. On the one hand, if I talk about something happy, it seems unfair to those who are suffering right now because of untoward things that have happened to them. On the other hand, if I blog about something bad, I'm afraid I'll sound like I'm going to give up and leave everything to fate, which isn't quite right either. This is what they call a dilemma, isn't it?
One important thing I got out of this couple of weeks is that people can connect to one another in more ways than they can actually think of. I'm not sure if my skills in interpersonal relationships have improved, but I feel that these few weeks, I've been able to relate to quite a lot of people. I'm very thankful for that actually, cos I feel like I've made many new friends, even though these people are those I've already known. Suddenly, I found so many similarities in thought and opinion with so many different people, be it my immediate family, relatives or friends. Somehow, it reinforces my belief that we are not made to live in this world all by ourselves. That each and every one you know has something in common with you. And just knowing the fact that there is some common factor between you and another human being, (which you never knew existed), is quite refreshing and induces you to be happy, at least for a day.
That said, there still lies differences between me and others. I guess these are the things that make each human being unique, special. If everyone had always agreed with everyone else, we wouldn't find the word 'quarrel' in the dictionary right?
Oh well, I guess events in the past 2 weeks triggered me to really think about what I've been thinking so far, if you understand what that means. They help dismantle, organise and reorganise my thoughts in many ways. School can only teach you so much, really.
Anyway, on a slightly lighter note, I'd like to say I feel demure (just looking at the photo below) and resolute (after thinking about recent events) today, and it's one of those days when I feel that my alma mater, TKGS, has one of the coolest mottos in town. Just about what a fine woman should be.
And a fine woman doesn't need to be in the midst of action all the time. She may not always be at the fore, but even in the background she is always deep in thought. Now I don't know how I came up with that but that's some food for thought.
I painted my dreams at
9:15 AM