My profile
Rozana Mohamed | 22 | nothing to do dreamer | bummer | part-time tutor ManUtd fan | has some close friends | workin' out a plan

Quotable quotes I see

"Losing one's own confidence causes a person to fall into confusion, which is hell...To maintain one's confidence, the most important thing is stamina."

- excerpt from The Devil (Mawang), 2007 Kdrama

Songs



Wishline

We'll see...

Say what you want




Links

  • trina
  • jazzymin
  • zihui
  • joan
  • my other lil nest


  • Archives

    Credits

    Skin edited by
  • Jiemin
  • .

    All the pics collected from
  • DeviantArt
  • .

    Edited by
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • .

    / dimanche, juillet 09, 2006


    So the world cup has reached its climax this morning. Not the way I'd fancied it to end. I've already said it before, that I don't like games decided on penalties. And yes, I thought the referee got it wrong the first time Malouda fell in the box. I may not be like expert at discerning physical contact and diving, but it looked to me like Malouda fell on his own. Too bad for him, he didn't get the penalty the 2nd time he fell into the box although I thought that warranted a penalty more than the first case. Oh well, football's like that. People may have predicted that Italy would win but I guess not many had imagined the scoreline to be such.

    And certainly, who would have thought Zidane would end his career on such a sour note? It's a total shame a player of his calibre to have done something as foolish as headbutting an opponent in his own last game. Maybe 50 years ago, that incident would have gone unnoticed, but well it's just silly to do something like that in the era of ever-changing and ever-improving technology. If the referee or his assistants can't see it, the large screen shows it to the world. (Ok apparently the incident was not shown on the big screen in the stadium but a TV monitor guarded by the 5th official and "Fifa said although the fifth official does have a TV monitor, he is not permitted to intervene and the fourth official has no access to video replays.") Whatever it is, after it is replayed on TV, you would think it's a silly action anyway. So, that's like the whole world knowing your stupid act, when just a few days ago, people said you were quite a favourite to win the Golden Ball award which would make you the MVP of the tournament. Such a pity that it won't go to you now, cos Zidane, you seriously ruined your own last competitive match. (Now I found out he is indeed the Golden Ball award winner, and that most votes were cast before the match ended so that would have helped him. But really, he chose such a stupid way to end his illustrious career.)

    Moving away from Zidane, I think Raymond Domenech's substitutes didn't make enough of an impact save for Diarra. Ok at least Wiltord scored the penalty and he came on very late in the match. Trezeguet, for all his heroics in Euro2000, strangely missed his penalty. I knew on a night when both goalkeepers didn't seem like they could save any penalty, it'd be up to the penalty taker to make or break it. And Trezeguet didn't do well enough. All in all, it was just too bad for France.

    The winners deserved to win lar. In sports (and basically in life), we should only focus on what happens and not on the what ifs. When we think about the what ifs, it just makes life so complicated, seriously. So, the Italians got their result in the end. And for the composure they generally kept throughout the game, you have to hand it to them.

    On a lighter note, I thought the celebrations were fantastic and really, the Italians had such interesting ways to celebrate their victory. Oh before that, I'd just like to mention something that looked a bit disturbing to me, haha. I don't have pictures (and am lazy to find) but the my-arms-over-your-shoulder thingy by Pirlo (over Cannavaro) while waiting in the middle of the pitch during the penalty shoot-out just sent shivers down my spine. Haha I don't know to describe it exactly but it just looked so gay to me lar. Then there was this Oddo who came on top on Buffon who was sitting on a foldable chair and he then turned in towards Buffon to hug him like so tight. He was lying on top of that Buffon lar and then hugging him so tight....eee it also looked a bit off. Haha trust me to notice such weird antics.

    Anyway, something else caught my attention. While waiting for the prize presentation ceremony, the Italians had Camoranesi sit in a chair and they chopped off his hair. That was a good thing to do, cos his hair looked too long already. This hair-chopping incident reminds me of my guy teammates who decided they would shave their crowns if they reached the final. And reach the final they did so we had a botak guy team in the final match. Well almost lar, cos there was bound to be vain people around and this kinda people won't change the way they like their look to be, no matter what, hurhur.

    All in all, it was a fun final to watch. Next time it'll be in South Africa and I anticipate the Europeans to have quite a hard time due to the difference in climate. Maybe European countries further south and nearer to Africa would have it better, and Spain is one of them. It'd be good to see them finally shrug off the 'underachievers' tag, but well, there are still the South Americans. The Africans would also definitely wanna use the climate to gain an advantage. And yes, we'll know for how long the English want to blame the weather. I think the England team needs to wait very very long before they lift the coveted trophy again. Before that, they better go and do something about Euro2008.

    Meanwhile, I'll start thinking how to earn enough money to go and watch all these big tournaments at the stadia themselves. Euro2008 is too close, I'd only have graduated for a year and we all know it's not easy to land a good job even with a degree. So, maybe, I'll have just enough money for South Africa 2010. I'll just keep praying for murah rezeki I guess, hehe.

    Ok that is still rather far ahead. I still have to graduate, and to graduate I still need to go through my 2 last semesters. So unexciting...



    I painted my dreams at 8:29 PM