My profile
Rozana Mohamed | 22 | nothing to do dreamer | bummer | part-time tutor ManUtd fan | has some close friends | workin' out a plan

Quotable quotes I see

"Losing one's own confidence causes a person to fall into confusion, which is hell...To maintain one's confidence, the most important thing is stamina."

- excerpt from The Devil (Mawang), 2007 Kdrama

Songs



Wishline

We'll see...

Say what you want




Links

  • trina
  • jazzymin
  • zihui
  • joan
  • my other lil nest


  • Archives

    Credits

    Skin edited by
  • Jiemin
  • .

    All the pics collected from
  • DeviantArt
  • .

    Edited by
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • .

    / mardi, juillet 18, 2006


    Oscar the Grouch

    I think I know why I felt moody and uneasy yesterday. It's Oscar's fault. I was getting ready to go to the library to return books when I saw Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street. I thought his segment was quite funny, when he and friends tried to make this man(who was reading or just resting in his chair) angry and grouchy like them. They came at him and painted his face with all sorts of colours and splashed paint on his shirt, supposedly to make him as grouchy as them. After the painting and splashing was done, they gave the old man a mirror and once he saw his ugly painted face, he turned grouchy cos it's all messed up.

    So, Oscar and his friends were happy cos they managed to make him angry. Then dunno what they talked about...and the old man looked into the mirror again. And he realised he wasn't angry anymore. I can't remember what he said exactly but it was sth like he realised anger was only something temporary or dunno what. That we could sort out our feelings and then we could be happy again. Then, Oscar became grouchy cos the old man actually thanked him and his friends for helping him manage his emotions. It was ironic that through being grouchy momentarily, the old man had learned how to cope with his emotions. Oscar thought it was a mission accomplished. But it wasn't to be. Being angry and all, Oscar and friends gave up and walked away grouchily.

    Oh well, I definitely took longer than the old man to realise that I needed to sort out things. Took one whole day lar.

    Feeling better right now. Well, what I came across while out returning my library books also probably contributed to my being grouchy and moody. Some of these things aren't really anything I should bother about, but you know, I feel disturbed looking at the state of our supposed 'future generation'. Argh, it makes me feel old, even though in truth, I'm only around 5-6 years older than these teenagers. Even half a decade feels like a century nowadays when we talk about generation gaps.

    I observe that teenagers are becoming more daring nowadays, in all senses of the word. I just need to reach for the newspaper to get news of their latest daring activities. Ok this might be a sweeping statement when I write about it out of context, but hey I'll give you the context.

    I was already in front of the book-drop, just looking down for a moment to reach my book in the paper bag, when this sec sch girl just dropped her book in, coming from nowhere. At the instant she dropped her book, I already had my book out at the same level as the book-drop hole ok. Ok, you might say it's just one of my 'everything-also-wanna-complain-lar-auntie' days, but seriously, there wasn't even a queue lar. Couldn't she wait? The guy who was at the 2nd book-drop which was less than 1m away from where I was just gave me a short glance which read: "what was that girl thinking? cannot wait ar?" And you know what was the 'best' thing? That girl even managed to smile before dashing away. Like hello, are you so busy you can't wait? The sense of achievement derived from such an action is just so...warped? Dunno what other word to put in.

    That was one thing.

    Later, I was just looking at the handphones at Singtel after checking out prices at Cold Storage for the chalet, when I saw this girl(who was also looking at handphones) adjusting her skirt like openly lar. And her sch's blouse is the tucked out kind and it was short summore lar. Furthermore, she took quite long lor. So it looked abit too open, to be adjusting your skirt in the middle of the world. Come on lar Singtel always got a lot of people so you can't use 'Nobody is looking' as an excuse. I come from a girls' school and I've done things like changing in class after P.E. and all, but it's like a public place we'r talking about here! Aiyo, I feel so ashamed for them, cos we'r fellow females and anyhow, it wasn't exactly a healthy sight to behold.
    Well, when you look again at the 2 incidents, both involve female teenagers lor. Such a shame. Ok the Oscar in me has been put to rest but issues like the above need long-term solutions. If it's not me complaining, chances are some other people out there will also make noise.

    But really, how to solve these kinda problems?



    I painted my dreams at 3:13 AM