/ jeudi, septembre 14, 2006
the story so far...Can I say so far so good? Hmm I dunno. On the one hand, I feel like everything's under control. I go for lectures, never miss tutorials, do my reading and still get enough sleep on most school days. On the other hand, I'm still in first gear in terms of assignments. Never thought about anything concrete till like yesterday (weds, 13 sept), which is very bad? And the day before that was the first time I stepped into the central library to borrow books. It's already the end of week 5 and I'm still in first gear. How man?!
Actually my first deadline is in 8 days' time. I haven't done anything more than think of my introduction. The books are lying on the desk and I did d/l some journal articles but that's as far as I went lar. Haven't got down to reading them. Luckily it's only a 1000 word essay. I hope I'll do something concrete for this urban planning essay over the weekend.
I know when I start doing something the rest will follow, so I'm just waiting to overcome the inertia. Ok 'waiting' already speaks a lot about the force of inertia. Haha...
Assignments aside, since I'm in my final year, I can't help but ponder intermittently about my life after NUS. In the previous post, I said I don't mind joining the civil service. The thing is, I don't want it to last forever. Handing in some bursary forms the other day had already made me so disillusioned with the highly bureaucratic nature of the workings of society nowadays. Ok I was already disillusioned the day I knew of the admin but aiya when u experience it again u'll just naturally complain again. And I don't wanna be a bureaucratic bitch. So I'd have to look for some area that has not been invaded by the bureaucratic monster yet. It's highly unlikely I'll find one actually, unless I have my own small firm which has like less than 10 workers? haha we'll see...
I think I'll love studying more than working. Actually I can get the taste of both at the same time if I spend my life in academia, but hmm that's a bit far-fetched now. Hmm, well...for now, let's just say if I ever get to do my masters, I think I wanna do sociolinguistics.
I painted my dreams at
4:00 AM